APIA’s Energy Assistance program can provide assistance with fuel and electricity. This program is for households with at least one member who is Alaska Native/American Indian, who reside in the APIA service area (see Community List below), and who are income eligible (see Income Eligibility below).
Need an application?
Follow this link for our current application: https://www.apiai.org/etr-current-application/
Energy Assistance is currently closed. We expect to reopen in November, 2020 dependent on funding.
COVID relief awards have been finalized. Click here for the COVID relief public notice.
- At least one household member who is American Indian/Alaska Native
- Resides in the APIA service area, described below:
Akutan, Atka, False Pass, King Cove, Nikolski, Nelson Lagoon, Sand Point, St. George, St. Paul and Unalaska
*For each additional household member, add $691.
Maximum Monthly Net Income
What can you do to prepare?
- Keep paying your bills. While waiting for a decision on your Energy Assistance application, make regular payments each month to your electric and fuel vendors to prevent crisis.
- Contact your electric and fuel vendors and get on a budget plan. Work with your vendors to spread out the cost of heating, making payments more manageable and easier to budget for.
- Plan ahead! Set aside some (or all) of your PFD, Native Corporation Dividends, paycheck, or fishing settlement to pay for fuel and electricity this winter.