Click here for an application!
Click here for a checklist to make sure your application is complete!
APIA’s Energy Assistance program can provide assistance with fuel and electricity. This program is for households with at least one member who is Alaska Native/American Indian, who reside in the APIA service area (see Community List below), and who are income eligible (see Income Eligibility below).
Energy Assistance is currently open. The last day to submit applications for the 2020 season is February 28, 2020.
- At least one household member who is American Indian/Alaska Native
- Resides in the APIA service area, described below:
Akutan, Atka, False Pass, King Cove, Nikolski, Nelson Lagoon, Sand Point, St. George, St. Paul and Unalaska
*For each additional household member, add $675.
Maximum Monthly Net Income
What can you do to prepare?
- Keep paying your bills. While waiting for a decision on your Energy Assistance application, make regular payments each month to your electric and fuel vendors to prevent crisis.
- Contact your electric and fuel vendors and get on a budget plan. Work with your vendors to spread out the cost of heating, making payments more manageable and easier to budget for.
- Plan ahead! Set aside some (or all) of your PFD, Native Corporation Dividends, paycheck, or fishing settlement to pay for fuel and electricity this winter.