The purpose of Self-Governance is to deliver technical assistance to tribes requesting information and guidance.
- Remain diligent in preserving and protecting tribal sovereignty, culture, history, and tribal self-governing authority.
- Support proactive tribally-driven measures to advance and expand self-governance.
- Assist with self-governance education to provide accurate information on tribal identified needs and priorities.
- Develop new tribal relationships and build upon existing relations.
- Advocate for budget increases and funding which benefit Aleut tribes and their members.
- Assist tribal governments to ensure signed agreements entered with the federal government are honored and fully implemented.
Self-Governance Technical Assistance
Tribal operations provides a wide variety of technical assistance, on-site and off, intended to assist tribal governments in becoming more self-sufficient and better able to enhance the social and economic condition of their people.