Tribal Child Support Program (TCSP)
The Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, Inc., Tribal Child Support Program (TCSP), acknowledges that tribal children are the future of the Aleut culture and the region. It provides an appropriate forum for parents to explore options and decide on support issues that are related to the wellbeing of children who are residents of the ten (10) Aleutian Islands regional communities or are members or eligible members of the thirteen (13) tribes represented by APIA in Alaska. The Association also represents tribal members residing in the lower forty-eight states. The APIA service area includes the following communities:
Atka | Akutan | Agdaagux Tribe of King Cove | Belkofski | False Pass | Nelson Lagoon | Nikolski | Pauloff Harbor | Qagan Tayagungin Tribe of Sandpoint | St. George Island | Aleut Community of St. Paul Island | Qawalangin Tribe of Unalaska | Unga
What is the Tribal Child Support Program?
It is a program designed collect money on behalf of tribal children improve their lives. We assist both custodial and non-custodial parents in supporting their children emotionally, socially, and economically by using a holistic and flexible approach. We understand that every family is unique and the TCSP team will carefully consider the circumstances of each case and develop a child support plan that will benefit the entire family and ensure the wellbeing of each child served.
Our team is dedicated to assuring that children are cared for emotionally, socially, and financially. For this reason, our staff will collaborate with APIA families to ensure the children’s essential needs are being met successfully and timely. Our TCSP staff will:
- When necessary, carefully consider non-custodial parent’s seasonal work
- Consider subsistence lifestyle contributions as a form of child support in the absence of a steady income. If interested, please contact your case worker for details
- When necessary, refer to in-house health, social services, and employment and training programs to assist in achieving self-sufficiency
- Follow up with case management services and referrals to other opportunities
Downloads for your convenience:
- Tribal Child Support Program (TCSP) Application for Services
- TCSP Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Fillable Release of Information (ROI)
- Request to Withdraw from the State of Alaska Child Support Services Division (CSSD)
- Request to Transfer State of Alaska Case to APIA Tribal Child Support Program